Hello!

I have a question on a higher level, not so much about mandrake in particular. Sorry
if it is too "newbie".

I want to build a little network in my apartment, and I would like some pointers as to
how.

NOW:
I have two computers, going on three.

1) A windows/mandrake workstation, OC:d, so I don't want this to run all the time
2) A linux server, rather old and slow, but fully capable of SSH and serving files
3) An old compaq (486/33) with should be a terminal.

I'm on a 10Mbit student housing network, and this is rather choked(tm). I have two
IPs, so communication over this using my hub is possible, albeit slow. I'd like some
extra bandwidth of my own, since I want to use the fileserver for my windows files and
I want to tunnel some communication over ssh without doubling my load on the external
network.

I WANT:
1) The linux server to be the gate to the external net, posing as
web/ftp/file/ssh-server.
2) The windows machine to be able to use ICQ etc. with it's own IP.

How do I do this? I probably need another NIC, but that's ok. But will the passing of
traffic through the linux machine pose any problems, like ICQ not beeing able to
connect (I've seen this happen when behind firewalls).

/Adam Skogman