As a matter of fact... Cron is very flexible. I use it to start seti at boot
time (well, kind of boot-time). You can set cron to execute a command every
minute or every 5 minutes, or whatever... If the program does not protect
against running multiple instances at once (like seti does), just write a script
that checks if the program is running, and starts it if it isn't. That's not too
hard.

Anyway, I don't really see the difference between starting something at
boot-time, or a few minutes after boot-time.

And the crontab-option is far more elegant too, than meddling with rc.local
(although somebody else will probably have a different opinion).

--

Rial Juan                  <http://nighty.ulyssis.org>
                e-mail:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sign the petition at http://www.libranet.com/petition.html