>>> "Andreas" == ller  <Andreas> writes:

[snip]

fetchmail: SMTP< 250 XAA00863 Message accepted for delivery
fetchmail: SMTP> QUIT
fetchmail: SMTP< 221 localhost.localdomain closing connection
........fetchmail: socket error while fetching from pop3.myprovider.de
fetchmail: Query status=2

[much log snipped]

    Andreas> suppose that's O.K. but then I suppose with the QUIT
    Andreas> command something goes wrong. The mail is not deleted
    Andreas> from the pop server of my provider and all previous mails
    Andreas> are not deleted, too. So I keep getting always the same

It's staying in the spool since your box closes the connection before
telling fetchmail that the mail was accepted.

Why is sendmail doing a 'QUIT'?

    Andreas> mails from my provider's server. Why do I get a socket
    Andreas> error? This mail somehow blocks my mailbox on my

You get a socket error because the connection is closed before
delivery.

    Andreas> provider's server. How to solve this problem? BTW I've
    Andreas> read the man page for fetchmail, but I do not understand
    Andreas> the antispam part that well. Is there any additional info
    Andreas> with some examples on how to block spam wiht fetchmail.

Fetchmail isn't really set up for spam filtering.  Procmail does a
better job, according to ESR.

--
Mike Fieschko, West Orange, NJ, USA
Kernel 2.2.15-5mdk