Hi all,

I'm using Mandrake 7.0 with sendmail and fetchmail. I have given sendmail some
adresses to filter. I have a dial up connection to the internet. Now I receive
some mails from a spammer and unfortunatly something goes wrong, when
filtering. Here are the logs:

fetchmail: forwarding to localhost
fetchmail: SMTP> MAIL FROM:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> BODY=8BITM
IME SIZE=29045
fetchmail: SMTP< 553 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>... User unknown
fetchmail: SMTP error: 553 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>... User unknown
fetchmail: SMTP> RSET
fetchmail: SMTP< 250 Reset state
fetchmail: SMTP< 220 localhost.localdomain ESMTP Sendmail 8.9.3/8.8.7; Tue, 7 Ma
r 2000 23:12:05 +0100
fetchmail: SMTP> HELO localhost
fetchmail: SMTP< 250 localhost.localdomain Hello IDENT:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
n [127.0.0.1], pleased to meet you
fetchmail: SMTP> MAIL FROM:<FETCHMAIL-DAEMON@localhost>
fetchmail: SMTP< 250 <FETCHMAIL-DAEMON@localhost>... Sender ok
fetchmail: SMTP> RCPT TO:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
fetchmail: SMTP< 250 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>... Recipient ok(will
queue)
fetchmail: SMTP> DATA
fetchmail: SMTP< 354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself
fetchmail: SMTP: (bounce-message body)
fetchmail: SMTP>. (EOM)
fetchmail: SMTP< 250 XAA00863 Message accepted for delivery
fetchmail: SMTP> QUIT
fetchmail: SMTP< 221 localhost.localdomain closing connection
........fetchmail: socket error while fetching from pop3.myprovider.de
fetchmail: Query status=2

Now can anybody help? As much as I understand it, my sendmail accepts the mail
and wants to bounce it, I suppose that's O.K. but then I suppose with the QUIT
command something goes wrong. The mail is not deleted from the pop server of my
provider and all previous mails are not deleted, too. So I keep getting always
the same mails from my provider's server. Why do I get a socket error? This
mail somehow blocks my mailbox on my provider's server. How to solve this
problem? BTW I've read the man page for fetchmail, but I do not understand the
antispam part that well. Is there any additional info with some examples on how
to block spam wiht fetchmail.

TIA

Andreas