Trevor Farrell wrote:

> My Mdk 7.0 install (I just hit the recommended button & let it do the
> rest) does not seem to have set up gcc correctly.  Can anyone tell me
> what I need to do to fix this?
>
> [root@treble nicq-0.0.5]# ./configure
> creating cache ./config.cache
> checking for a BSD compatible install.../usr/bin/install -c
> checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... yes
> checking for working aclocal... missing
> checking for working autoconf... missing
> checking for working automake... missing
> checking for working autoheader... missing
> checking for working makeinfo... missing
> checking for gcc... gcc
> checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... no
> configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
> cannot
> create executables.
> [root@treble nicq-0.0.5]#

Put your 7.0 install CD back in, boot from it, choose Custom,
Development, Upgrade It will leave your settings alone and give you all
the packages you need (and more besides, against future development
needs)

You could also just go get the development packages by using the package
manager, but then you would have to check which packages come with which
modules and there are _many_ packages in
/mnt/cdrom/Mandrake/RPMS on the 7.0-2 installation CD.

Civileme