Hi,

One Q: How does MDK7 set the serial ports?

In /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit it says:
   # Initialize the serial ports.
   if [ -f /etc/rc.d/rc.serial ]; then
        . /etc/rc.d/rc.serial
   fi

But there is no /etc/rc.d/rc.serial so one may guess that no serial port
is set. The mouse (serial) is working though and with 'cat
/proc/interrupts' I get a normal line for serial:
   4:  147276   XT-PIC  serial

At boottime both serial ports are acknowledged as ttyS0 and ttyS1.
'setserial -G ttyS1' gives out the normal values for port, uart, irq(3).
Only irq3 is not listed in /proc/interrupts.

I want to d'l the pictures from my Olympus digital camera using
camediaplay (from the MDK7.0 CD 3). I have connected the camera to ttyS1
(as it works in that other OS).

# camediaplay /dev/ttyS1
inappropriate device specified, or device permission error

It can't be permission error because I do this as root.

# ls -l /dev/ttyS1
crw-------  1 root  tty    4,  65 May  5  1998 /dev/ttyS1

Any idea? This is the very last reason to have Win98 on my box and I'm
eager to eliminate that one too.

wobo
--
GPG-Fingerprint: FE5A 0891 7027 8D1B 4E3F  73C1 AD9B D732 A698 82EE
For Public Key mailto [EMAIL PROTECTED] with Subject: GPG-Request