Bug Hunter wrote:

>   Well, I did that.  I don't speak greek very well.  Has someone
> duplicated an existing cdrom using mkisofs?  I didn't see how.

My greek got kind of rusty being out of school for some 35 yrs.

>   Also, I didn't see how to do that using xcdroast.

Start xcdroast. It has to be done as root as long as your user is not
member of a group with permission to use the cd-writer.

Klick on "Copy Data-CD".
If you have set up xcdroast right you'll see your cdrom in the left
window and a place to write images to in the right window.
Klick on "Read Image" in the left column.
You get the needed size for the image and the available diskspace on the
partition where you want to save the image.
In the bottom part of the window check the option "Write image to file"
and you'll get the default name "image.raw" which you may alter at your
like.
Klick on "Start Read Image".

As result you'll have a file "image.raw" on your harddisk.

Then klick on "Write Image" in the left column.
You'll get a window where your CD-writer is listed and the size of the
image. You'll have to check the "CD-Recordable-Type" (i.e. 74 minutes),
in "Additional Options" you may check "Eject after Write", and in the
bottom part "Write from file". You may also adjust the writing speed to
your hardware.

Then klick on "Start write image" and the program will ask you to put a
cd into your writer. Klick on "OK" if there is one and go fishing.

That's how I burned some copies of the bootable original Mandrake 7.0
installation CD, of the bootable original Mandrake 6.1 installation CD
and I even did some copies from copies. It all worked fine and the CDs
worked ok on several pc with very differing hardware (atapi cdrom, scsi
cdrom, etc.).

Xcdroast is the version included in Mandrake 7.0 (0.96e).

HTH

wobo
--
GPG-Fingerprint: FE5A 0891 7027 8D1B 4E3F  73C1 AD9B D732 A698 82EE
For Public Key mailto [EMAIL PROTECTED] with Subject: GPG-Request