Jack....the below message appeared on this list earlier today.
Tom's solution worked for me.  I'm now using the BigCursor2.pcf,
it's great at 1280 x 1024.

Alan

   I believe i've found an easy way to make all your cursors
larger.

At    http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/X-Big-Cursor-3.html
there's instructions for making X cursors larger. I didn't
understand/couldn't get any of it to work  :(

      BUT    I did a 'locate' and found

/home/tombr> locate cursor.pcf
       /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/cursor.pcf.gz

   so I copied that file to a temp dir and gunzip'd it.  Inside
was 'cursor.pcf'  Hmmmmm  :)

   At   http://i11www.ira.uka.de/~schneid/X11-big-cursor/fonts/
there's already pre-made 'cursorxx.pcf' files where the 'xx' is
the magnification.  So I dl'd several and after 'mv'ing them to
'cursor.pcf', gzip'd them to 'cursor.pcf.gz'. Actually I created
sub-dirs named 1.5, 2.0, etc. to do this so I could keep them
straight. I then moved the one in the '2.0' dir to
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/cursor.pcf.gz (after backing up
the original).

  Re-started X, and presto, all the various cursors were 2x as
big as the originals.  A little too big.  I settled on using
1.5,
they're quite an increase at 1024x768

--
..     Tom Brinkman     [EMAIL PROTECTED]