Years ago, a Chicago firm (Data something?) that leased out computer
time had a bunch of those chain printers on their second story floor.
Those things weight a significant fraction of a ton.

  One night, the printer hammers got in rythm by accident.  A lot of jobs
were being printed.  The natural frequency of the building was met, and
they started dancing across the floor.  By the time the jobs were stopped,
or all the cables ripped, the printers had ended up in the corner of the
building.  I understand some cracks appeared in brickwork.

  This was relayed to me by a computer class professor in '74.