On Fri, Mar 17, 2000 at 02:34:48PM -0900, Civileme wrote:
-> Well, I am an aficianado of this wholesome hobby after an experience today.
->
-> A user comes to me and says, "StarOffice won't SAVE!  What am I supposed to do?"
->
-> Well, her system is on an older computer and there wasn't a great deal of
-> storage available, and it has one of the WD disks I am rotating out at first
-> opportunity.  I wondered if she had managed to clutter her home directory
-> enough to make something terrible happen.

Nice diagnosis. Solution: in Netscape, go to
"Edit->Preferences->Advanced->Cache" and 1) discard both of the user's
caches, and 2) set reasonable limits.

I conjecture that Netscape does not have a mechanism to discard ancient
cached pages short of the cache approaching its limits. A simple script
based on find run as a cron job should do that. See "Unix Power Tools",
O'Reilly, 1st ed. sec. 24.19 for an example.

--

                -- C^2

No windows were crashed in the making of this email.

Looking for fine software and/or web pages?
http://w3.trib.com/~ccurley