I want to thank you again Civileme for taking time
to answer my messages!
I'm back to Mandrake 6.1 now where everything is
happy!  Back on Kmail (my favorite), my video is full
screen, high res. after applying the Intel 810 chipset
patches (the module would never rebuild under the
new mdk 7.0 kernel) my drives are happy and all is
functional.  I would like to apply the new Netscrape
4.7 to my operation so the new 7.0 disks are not a
complete waste of money. I haven't had any luck
with that, netscape needs a couple of libraries to
work (compat-glibc, and compat-libs) tried to install
them and one of the files wouldn't decompress because
it was a directory and not a file.  Tried the old ones from
the 6.1 discs, but they are incompatible with the 4.70
on the mdk 7.0 discs.  I went to the source disk and
"installed" 4.70 from there via RPM (I'm no wizard) so
I stay with RPM's when possible.  Do you know where
the files were placed when I "installed" the source 4.70
netscape?  It wasn't "installed" and I need to know the
next step.  HELP?
Thanks again for the help!
Vern