Agreed.  And since this is release 1.0, I would wait until 1.1 or 1.2
before using.

 The VERY GOOD THING about this is the amount of fixing that will occur on
WINE due to this.  I expect WINE will firm up very rapidly now.  Much
faster than before.  Linux will assuredly benefit from this.  Soon,
m$ win will not be required to run the thousands of apps out there.

  Three cheers for Corel!

On Fri, 7 Apr 2000, Jeanette Russo wrote:

 > I went to the same show but in Chicago, the Suite does look good but it
 runs on WINE.  I am already seeing a lot of posts in their newsgroups
 about the problems stemming from their decision to do their Linux office
suite running on WINE.
> Jeanette

 night in Seattle and while I'm not really impressed with their OS version
 of linux, I was VERY impressed with their Office Suite.  If anybody out
 there would like to get their hands on an alternative to M$ Office, I
 HIGHLY recommend Corels WordPerfect Office 2000 for Linux.  I also use M$
 Word 2000 for Windows, and I think that Corel just blew them out of the
water!!!