Hmmmmm.

Try the latest kernel on the Cooker. It contains the  module you
need for this (well I have a CMI8738 - and it works.)

Kernel 2.2.15-0.18mdk

Instructions for installing a new kernel are available on
Mandrake User org.

HTH

Glyn M.

On Mon, Apr 10, 2000 at 12:32:05PM -0400, thus spake Icebreaker:

> 2)    Sound Card:  C-Media CMI8738/C3DX
>     a)    it isn't detected when I run sndconfig (pnp autodetector)
>                 In Win98 it's listed as PCI and Legacy, but in BIOS
>                 it lists Legacy on the IRQ
>     I can't even get this to work

       * "The soul is greater than the hum of it's parts. " *
       *                 Douglas Hoftstatder                *