On Tue, Apr 11, 2000 at 11:27:39AM +0200, Alen Salamun wrote:
-> Hi!
->
-> I think this is not good. I install servers with "Server" option, and
-> then I have to install gcc,g++,bin86 EVEN MAKE!!!!! HEY CAN YOU IMAGINE
-> THAT MAKE IS NOT INSTALLED BY DEFAULT!?!?!?!?!?!?!
->
-> Hey this should be definitly FIXED!!! Those are MOST COMMON UTILS IN
-> UNIX WORLD!

Yes, they are the most common utils in the Unix world. Which is EXACTLY
why you don't want them on a server. If a cracker were to gain access,
would you want the cracker to be able to compile for your computer?

For proper security, do your own compiling on some other computer and copy
the executables over. If you must compile on your server, install the
compiler as needed and remove it when you are done.

--

                -- C^2

No windows were crashed in the making of this email.

Looking for fine software and/or web pages?
http://w3.trib.com/~ccurley