Charles Curley wrote:
> Yes, they are the most common utils in the Unix world. Which is EXACTLY
> why you don't want them on a server. If a cracker were to gain access,
> would you want the cracker to be able to compile for your computer?
>
> For proper security, do your own compiling on some other computer and copy
> the executables over. If you must compile on your server, install the
> compiler as needed and remove it when you are done.
Hi!

Ohhh what a smart thing...It is SO HARD for a cracker to compile his
hacking/cracking tool on other machine and move it to this
one...Expecially on x86 architecture that is so uncommon...

I have (almost) never saw a computer without c compiler on it...This is
like having a screw-driver in a trunk of a car and saying, it will help
a burglar to brake in...He can bring his own with him....

Bye, Alen
--
*    E-Mail: Alen Salamun <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    *