Presently I am using a 3com USR56K modem and would like it do answer in
V.90.

It does answer, but always negotiates a much slower mode ( I never hear the
bongs ).

Are there some changes I should be making in mgetty's configuration?

Thanks!

Christopher Cox

3com:   What Operating system are you using?
Me:     Linux
3com:   We only support Windows
Me:     I am not asking you to support the Operating system, just the modem.
3com:   We only support Windows
Me:     So you know nothing about modems or AT commands, just Windows?
3com:   I am sorry, we only support our products attached to the Windows
operating system.
Me:     Here I just attached the modem to a Windows machine, why is the modem
not answering V.90?
3com:   I do not know, maybe its the phone line?
Me:     Both of these modems connect to each others ISP's V.90 with no problem,
sort of rules out the phone lines!

HOW ARE THESE PEOPLE WINNING!?!?!?!