I guess what really surprises me is that so many beginners
bypass the beginner list and head straight for the expert
list thinking they will get better answers to questions.

On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, you wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am really SUPRISED to see such replies like:
>
> ...I don't use it, I don't care...
> ....This should be fixed by configuration alone...
> ....mrproper should be run...

It was left out and you want it, then go get it.

> Hey THERE RE NOVICE USERS TOO!!!!! Not all are experienced in all this
> stuff and Mandrake should be USER FRIENDLY TOO, expecially for
> beginners!

Having used at least 6 different distributions in the last
two years, I'd say Mandrake was the most user friendly.
This list has some of the best resources concerning thi
distribution and many of those resources are from
Mandrakesoft.

> And I AM TOTALLY TOTALLY CONSEARNED BY THE FIRST ONE! I DOESN'T MATTER
> IF YOU DON'T USE IT, OTHERS ARE!
> And bugs like missing utility, that is not missing in any other
> distribution (even not in .tgz) are NASTY ONES!

A mistake, like I said, go get it and install it.
This is the list for experts,  You can do it.

> This is not a serious approach to develop a really good
> distribution...This SUX! Sorry I can't say anything else on such
> reply...

If you are unhappy, get another distribution.
Less than $2 and you are on your way.  Just be glad that
you aren't using MS and decided it didn't have something
you wanted.

> I only hope the people by Mandrake are not thinking in such a way...
>
> bye, Alen

I think they are good people doing a great job.  If they
were perfect then they'd be me... <LOL>

If you consider yourself a beginner, subscribe to the
newbie list and unsubscribe from the expert list.

IMO
Ron
--
====