"Brian T. Schellenberger" wrote:
> That's preposterous.  What do we have distributions *for* if not to get
> things like file permissions right?  Why bother with things like RPM
> files at all?
Hi!

Exactly my point. The main advantage of RPM-s is that I don't bother
with all this stuff, but just install it...It makes things easy for
maintainer of the system. And if you follow the INSTALL or README or
whatever you will be warned for permissions etc. but when instaling only
RPM you don't read the "README.FIRST" :))

I think we should dedicate this time arguing on what is a bug or not to
things such as this :)

Bye, Alen
--
*    E-Mail: Alen Salamun <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    *