"John D. Kim" wrote:

> And now back to Andrew:
> Yeah, accessing Linux from PC is not a problem at all here as well.
> Accessing Winbox from Linux definitely is less mouse-friendly.  You can
> try gnomba.  Despite its few nasty bugs, I found it pretty good for most
> simple cases.  If you'll be accessing a specific share often, do a "man
> smbmount"  It'll show you what to put in your fstab file so that it'll get
> automatically mounted to a directory every time you boot up.

John, I wasn't able to get the mount -t smbfs command to work properly
-- smbmount and mount don't make it clear how the parameters are passed
from mount to smbmount (which does the actual mounting) - thus I haven't
been able to use fstab to mount smb shares. I had to write a SysV init
script to do this.

Are you mounting your smb shares using fstab? What is the fstab syntax?

-Stephen-