Yes, the USB does limit the speed of the connection.  But there are many
100Mbit USB ethernet cards out there.  Probably has better compatibility
for places where they only have 100Mbit hubs or something.  Anyway, only
the Linksys 100TX is known to work.  I've heard suggestions not to use the
10Mbit version.  I got one for $40 at Frys.

John Kim
Linux System Engineer @ ASL - visit us as www.aslab.com