Linux will manage the memory space so that if there's some more useful
use for the memory it'll take back the disk cache space.  Run enough
applications that need the space and it'll shrink up real nice.

If you have applications actuallly dying from lack of memory while the
disk cache is still locked in, you've got a problem; otherwise, just
enjoy the intelligent use of memory.

PS: If you hve 256M you might want to get rid of swap space entirely;
that's what I've done.

--
"Brian, the man from babble-on"              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brian T. Schellenberger                      http://www.babbleon.org