The swap is used for storing data you are not using to free up some RAM when a
program needs it. I don't think you can control how the swap is used, or how
much swap is being used. It depends on what role your machine is playing; is it
a file server? or just a worksation? My system has 96Mb of RAM and with 80Mb of
swap is more tha enough (I've never used more than 50% of it)

Necrotica, escribió:
> Hello,
>
> In Mandrake, is there a way where I can control the amount of memory being
> used as a disk cache? I've noticed that sometimes Mandrake is using almost
> 100MB of physcial RAM as a disk cache, especially after doing something
> intensive such as compiling an application. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to
> shrink
>
> I have 256MB of physcial RAM in my box. I would *think* that having a maximum
> of a 64MB disk cache would suffice. Any thoughts? Thanks...
>
> -Chris
*Guillermo Belli        -        Linux User #121340*
*                 ICQ #38321312                    *
*http://sites.netscape.net/memo81 (en construccion)*