 De: Klar Brian D Contr MSG/SWS [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
 Date: mardi 25 avril 2000 14:19
 À: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
 Objet: [expert] mandrake 7 probs revisited

 I just installed Mandrake 7 yesterday. I cant get pppd to work. It states
 something like "The remote computer is requested to authenicate itself
 I however am unable to supply [secret] password to get an IP address"

 something like this. This does not change whether I am Root, or user.
 Actually if from a terminal window I type "pppd" I get the same response.

 I installed as low security, tried to change to medium security, no difference

 I setup ppp from within linuxconf, and entered a name and "secret"
 password to no avail I usually use kppp. I have changed permissions on
 pppd, no good. The modem dials out and makes a connection, then
 pppd died unexpectedly.

 Second, I have managed to crash my X. I get an errno 111, something
 about TransSocket error, cant find font "fixed".
 Is there a way to fix this??

 I recieved the disc with my purchase of Maximum Linux magazine
 (Real good I might add)

 Brian D. Klar - CVE
 OTS
 WPAFB
 (937)257-5773
 937-973-3125 (Pager)

Ce message et toutes les pièces jointes (ci-après le "message") sont
confidentiels et établis à l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires.
Toute utilisation ou diffusion non autorisée est interdite.
Tout message électronique est susceptible d'altération.
La SOCIETE GENERALE et ses filiales déclinent toute responsabilité
au titre de ce message s'il a été altéré, déformé ou falsifié.

                                ********

This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential and
intended solely for the addressees.
E-mails are susceptible to alteration.
Neither SOCIETE GENERALE nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates shall
be liable for the message if altered, changed or falsified.