O.K.  I am going to take the plunge.  I am getting an ISDN line put in,
and will get a terminal adapter ISDN modem.  Since the local internet
provider's ISDN account has an unlimited access plan, this box will
probably be up and online a lot of the time.  Currently I use Freesco
0.25 running from a 3.5" floppy to act as a firewall/router/dialup
gateway on a spare Celeron266 w/ 64MB RAM.  I would like to 'upgrade'
this to an full blown intranet server/firewall/gateway running on a PII
400 w/ 128MB RAM, and about 24GB of hard drive space.  I hope to have
this box serving
 DHCP, DNS, Samba, NFS, xntp, mail, news, squid, etc., and maybe X
(vnc).  The one thing that this box really doesn't need is multimedia (
sound, or graphics, etc).  I would like to admin the box over the local
network using Webmin.

Now on to the main topic of this post:  How the heck can I get LM 7.0 to
install w/o X?  I can make a boot disk for a text-mode network install,
but the install program insists on adding the X Window system and
KDE/Gnome, etc.  I don't want/need them, so do I just have to put up w/
this and remove them after the install?  Also, would I be better off
doing this sort of setup w/ LM 6.1 instead?

Monte