On Sat, Apr 29, 2000 at 07:41:58AM -0600, Vincent Danen wrote:
-> I just bought a 20GB tape drive for my server and have a question about
-> dump.  I'm using it like:
->
-> /sbin/dump -0u -f /dev/st0 -B 20000000 /
-> /sbin/dump -0u -f /dev/st0 -B 20000000 /home
->
-> When I do this, it looks like dump overwrites the first backup of / so
-> that only /home is one the tape.  Is there a way to dump multiple
-> filesystems onto one tape using dump?  I have four partitions I need to
-> backup, and want them put on the tape one after the other so my entire
-> system is backed up.  I looked for some commandline arguments to specify
-> volume or something similar to appending it to the end of the tape, but I
-> can't find anything like that.

Yes. You should dump to the no-rewind device, probably /dev/nst0. A dump
to /dev/st0 does an automatic rewind at the end.

--

                -- C^2

No windows were crashed in the making of this email.

Looking for fine software and/or web pages?
http://w3.trib.com/~ccurley