-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Deim Ágoston
Sent: Saturday, April 29, 2000 11:43 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [expert] million questions

Hi all !

Since I deleted the buggy linuxconf and don't want to use webmin
or any other GUI interface I have some questions.
1.) which config file should I edit if I want that all new users go to
the librarians group and create a home directory under for them
/home/librarians/

2.) If a user is a member of two different groups, like librarians and
readers (the librarian is the primary/initial group) and creates a text
file and the permissions of the file set to 660 will the members of
the readers able to read and modify this file ?

3.) If I have a user and he has his own group but I want to change
his group to librarians what should I do ? I tried the usermod -g
librarians user_name  but all of his files and subdirs has the same
owner and group as before (username:username, not
username:librarians)
Thanks,
Ago

"If you love somebody set them free..."