Bill Shirley wrote:

> Whatever. I don't see anyone telling the original poster: "I have a xxx kbs
> internet connection and download at xx KB per second from such.andso.com
> server, therefore you should expect the same from your ISP.  If not, then
> find another vendor!"

Actually, I posted something very much along those lines myself.

Well, not so dogmatic, but I cited the netscape site and calculated teh
K-bits he should be able to expect there and suggest that if it was
taking 30 seconds that was five times as long as it ought to take and he
should complain.  But I've never seen a response from *him* so I'm not
sure what the deal is there.

> My question is: "Is any of this bantering about download speeds helping the
> guy that posted?!?"

Since he seems to have a dropped out, my guess is "no," but how can we
tell?

> P.S. Brian, did you get the null smbpasswords working?

No, and here's the really odd thing . . . "nobody" does work just fine,
but when I copy it and rename it to schellenberger, or when I do that NO
PASSWORD thing for schellenberger, it still fails!

--
"Brian, the man from babble-on"              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brian T. Schellenberger                      http://www.babbleon.org