Well I finally sprang for a new audio card, a brand new
Sound Blaster PCI 512.  This must be new one as it was
the only affordable PCI Sound Blaster card Staples had.
So I did all the research on  available drivers for Linux
and found same at ALSA so attempting my first source code
compile I got it to make the object code module and installed
it per "readme" instructions.  My CD plays music fine but I
can't get any of the system sounds to play.  I've been through
all the mixers and such in both KDE and GNOME with no success.
Any help would be most appreciated!  After working with this for
2 days I think I've tried all the combinations possible.
HELP!
Vern
--
     Vernon Stilwell                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
     Hardinsburg, Kentucky            [EMAIL PROTECTED]