On Fri, 05 May 2000, Steve Philp wrote:

> *  Add the '*' to the /etc/ppp/[chap|pap]secrets files.
> *  Add the noauth line to kppp
 uncomment the lines in the resolv.conf file, to no avail.

        ping www.yahoo.com
>       ping 216.32.74.51
>
> works, you've got DNS troubles.  In that case, check /etc/resolv.conf to
> ensure that you've got the correct IP numbers entered.

Hi...
        Does kpp read /etc/ppp/*.secrets file ?...Mine are empty
Also the /etc/resolv.conf file only contains the ip numbers after the connection
has been made...I have checked on three linux distros and all are the same..
        I think the Authentication line in kppprc tells the isp the secrets
but I may be wrong....