Hi all,
I am the other person that Jon is referring to.

I'm now convinced that this is a Mandrake-only bug. Perhaps an
"error" at compile time.

This only happens on virtual hosts, but mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] is bounced
(actually a 554 reject: will not relay). Mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] is
delivered.  This occurs whether /etc/postfix/vitual contains
[EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED] If you run virtual domains, please test it
yourself (easy test:

/usr/sbin/postmap -q [EMAIL PROTECTED] /etc/postfix/virtual

which should comeback to you with the mapped real address. Check it
with the lowercase domain too.).

I'm a subscriber on the postfix-users list (every thing you ever
wanted to know about smtp and much much more!) and the only people
that seem to have this problem are running Mandrake (I asked). This
evening I see another post on this problem on postfix-users,
unrelated to mine, who says at the end that they are running
postfix-19991231-5mdk.

I also run postfix on my 486 redhat 6.2 box which does The Right
Thing and delivers mail for either  upper or lowercase domain names.

At this point, I'll probably recompile postfix from source, but I
figured that people who run postfix for virtual hosts ought to at
least check to see if their servers have this problem.

PS. I've been very happy with Mandrake as a distro (and I currently
use RH and Slackware too). I'll happily eat my words if I'm wrong.

-Chuck Burkins
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
Chuck Burkins
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Failure is not an option.
It comes bundled with your Microsoft product.