"Stout, Wayne" wrote:

> > On Thu, 18 May 2000, you wrote:
> > > Try replacing /c with /dev/hda1 (or whatever your Windows share
> > is on). I'd
> > > replace /cdrom with /dev/cdrom, too.
> >
> > Does this mean I need a seperate partition on the hard drive to devote to
> > windows type stuff?  Does it need to be a windows type partition
> > or a ext2fs?
> > The only partitions i have on my hard drive are:
> > /dev/hda1     ext2fs
> > /dev/hda5     linux swap
> >

> Ah, I mistakenly assumed that you had a dual boot system. Just goest to show
> I shouldn't assume anything.
>
> If you don't have a Windows partition, I really have no idea what to do to
> get Wine to work... Sorry. Hopefully some kind soul has managed to get this
> working and will share their knowledge.
>
> Wayne

Well, you do need somewhere to store windows files...  wine.conf is asking for
drive C  and  the \windows directory.  It _is_ possible to make C drive a unix
filesystem, BUT know that the resulting files ARE case-sensitive.  In other
words, the windows vfat partition is not absolutely required, you can store
windows binaries on the ext2fs, but the filename conventions are likely to send
you for more aspiring and minoxadil (after you have torn out your hair,
too)...  because the winapps are going to be unable to assume everything is
upper-case....

Civileme

--
BETA-testing Netscape 6