Yeah my experience with the XCDroast package is it will try to calculate
the size of the image to be created and go to the disk and the hard drive
will start up and never return!  I've watched the process with the KDE
process management tool, and it will consume all the CPU resources at least
98%! I had to then terminate the process. I haven't tried the new cooker
stuff yet.
vern

--
           V3rn waz h3r3!