I bow to you experts, please sort this out for me.

I have a Mandrake 7.0.2 and it is nice in many ways, but I have got a
keyboard problem.

You see I live in Sweden, so naturally I use se.latin1. Yesterday I
decided to start to learn
some bash and could not produce a 'dollar-sign'. According to the
lay-out and as printed
on the keyboard buttons, I should just press 'right-alt' + '4'. What I
get is a 4. Nice number but useless in bash.

So I jumped to su, and called DrakConf and changed my keyboard to US
international. Later I restarted Linux,
you see I don't know very much.
As a result I had some frightful moments befor I was allowed to login
and re-change the keyboard, to my original setup.
I checked the printout fonts from my own password and found that
'shift+4', which I use, produces a ç, which is contrary to the sign on
the button (should be a 'sun').

Could you please tell me what packages I have to change, or what other
matter you propose, so that my keyboard and the buttons are alike.

Regards
guran