Hi Charles,

Thanks for your input .... between everyone who graciously responded
to my question...I am gaining a much better understanding of why it
can happen that you will lose stuff in a power outage, but it doesn't
necessarily mean you will.  Guess we have been the lucky ones,
as well as many others who have seen the same thing.

I enjoy learning more and more about Linux everyday.  This list is
a great learning tool and I try to check the "multitudinous" daily messages
every day ....most days anyway :)

Thanks again,
Bambi