On Fri, Jun 02, 2000 at 08:25:23AM +0100, Ted Wager wrote:
-> On Thu, 01 Jun 2000, Espen wrote:
-> > Thanks, Anton!!!
-> > That did the trick!
-> >
-> > BTW, with a 56k modem, does anyone know how long it
-> > takes to download Helix-Gnome?
-> >
->
-> Hi....
->      When you choose the bits you want it will tell you the d/load time
-> using a 56k modem....Mine said 1hr 30 minutes......I was online for 5 hours
-> and got a segmentation fault on the last meg !!! ...Needless to say my ISP
-> is not too good :-(

If you can download via FTP, use ncftp. It will let you put gets and puts
into the background. Also, it will restart a transfer, and it will keep on
retrying. It's on the 6.1 disty, so it should be on the 7.x disties.

--

                -- C^2

No windows were crashed in the making of this email.

Looking for fine software and/or web pages?
http://w3.trib.com/~ccurley