Well, as always, you shud back up just in case. However, I rarely take this
advice myself.

I used the auto install for Helix, and installed it over the version of Gnome
that came with Mandrake 7.0. I have had no problems, and able to run KDE
whenever I feel like it, and I am using Kmail from inside Helix.

The setup will walk you thru the whole process...pay attention and during the
last part it will ask you if you want to use KDM or the Heilx start up..I am
using KDM and can use KDE or anyother window manager that came with Mandrake.
Pretty slick.

Bruce

--
Best Regards, Bruce

Father to Bruce, Maverick & Aleister 1 Feb 2000
Akina, age 14, Misa, age 12, Miyuki age 10
My website: http://harrisherd.ahv.cx
  Tired of computer viruses or crashes?
  Check out Linux: http://www.linux.org