:~>On Mon, 12 Jun 2000, you wrote:
:~>> Jason Straight <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
:~>>
:~>> > It's based on fvwm - you'll have to edit the menu files there I believe.
:~>>
:~>> wrong !! see /usr/doc/menu-*/menu.txt for documentation
:~>>
:~>
:~>OK, I worked out that if I make an entry in /usr/lib/menu the application will
:~>show up on the menus. The only problem is that it does not seem to work when
:~>the app was installed from something other than an rpm (a tarball for
:~>instance). Does the update-menus package require that the menu entry be in the
:~>rpm database? Is there a way around this problem?

1) use "local" prefix for non-rpm packages.

?package(local-<packagename>)

2) use /etc/menu, not /usr/lib/menu, otherwise some package may overwrite
your entries in the future.

cu
        Deno
Dr. Denis Havlik                <http://www.ap.univie.ac.at/users/havlik>
Mandrakesoft            |||     e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Quality Assurance      (@ @)    (private: [EMAIL PROTECTED])
visit our new discusion forum: http://linuxpole.com