The "gateway" router will need a static route of 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 "isp
ip-address" or, if dhcp assigned, "eth0 - substitute actual interface name"
(all without quotes of course). The inside computers will need a static
route (or default gateway for MS Windows) of 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 "ip-address of
gateway inside interface".

It is rarely a good idea to run a routing protocol, like RIP, to the
Internet. The ISP definitely won't like it and it is a security hole. Your
network has only one IP network, so you don't need a routing protocol on the
inside either.

Speaking of holes, you didn't mention any plans for IP packet filtering
(firewall or IP-chains). I sense from your plans you are getting cable-modem
or XDSL access. These are "always-on" devices and present a wonderful
opportunity to even the most novice of hackers.

I love Mandrake, but you might do well to check out LRP (Linux Router
Project). Its a floppy-based router with firewalling and supports
ethernet-to-ethernet and ethernet-to-ppp with dial-on-demand routing. If you
don't want to learn about micro kernels, check out share-the-net. STN is a
windows based utility that writes a linux boot/run floppy like LRP, but it
costs $70.00.