(A a story of a confluence of version numbers)

After running db2 for linux 6.1 for awhile on RedHat 6.1 happily, I decided
to upgrade to DB2 7.1 I figured while I'm at it, I might as well do a fresh
install of Mandrake 7.1 to finally get this buggey i810 graphics board on
the machine to work while I'm at it.

Installation of 7.1 was bumpy to say the least, after it freezing several
times, black screening, ect I finally got the bugger to install (i810 video
wasn't all I hoped it would be.) Oh well, it's a server so I won't be too
picky on the graphics board not working right.

I downloaded the trail personal edition from IBM's web site
(http://www.ibm.com/db2). db2 6.1 on rh 6.1 install went easy (After2
fixpacks and following a faq on problems installing on redhat).

This time I'm getting an interesting error attempting to install db27.1 on
M7.1 when running db2setup as root:

Internal Error: DBI1502E An error was encountered when opening or reading
from file /tmp/.db2inst.swap.

Any Ideas?

-David Talbot