> Umm, correct me if I'm wrong, but LVD doesn't use termination does it?
> Certainly not the same kind as SE, which uses active terminators. (by

LVD does still require termination. The active terminators I used
apparently can be used with Ultra2/LVD and Ultra devices.

> I assume by Ultra and Ultra2 sides you meant, wide and narrow
> connectors to

Yes, wide and narrow would also explain this, but...

> the same buss, since I think this card is a two bus, LVD on one, SE on
> the other.

The card has 68-pin connectors on BOTH the Ultra2 and Ultra sides. The
Ultra side also has a narrow connector. Two busses, three internal
connectors.

> Some controllers do get confused when two connectors of different
widths are
> used on the same buss.  If you are using the narrow and wide connectors

Not the case here...

> high end of the bus is terminated, and the low end isn't.  Then set the

This *STILL* confuses me. Can anyone define what is meant by "high"
and "low" end of the bus?

> Term power is almost always a universally good thing, unless a drive
has a
> shorted diode or fuse.

It's important to know that this is NOT enabled by default on the Seagate
drives I had. In fact, the tech that setup the hardware (incorrectly) at
first did not enable this, nor did he use LVD cables, terminators, etc. I
guess the point is that most of today's techs that are assembling
hardware know little about SCSI, and know even less about newer
incarnations of SCSI. I know I've learned a great deal, and I've been
working with SCSI for upwards of 6 years
now.

This message was sent using MI-Webmail.
No matter where you are, never lose touch.
Get your Email using MI-Webmail.
http://www.monmouth.com/