Hi,

Sorry if this is a repost.

I'm having problems syncing my Pilot under Linux.  Of course, as if
to spite me,
it works just fine under Windows.

I'm running hte developer install of Mandrake 7.1 with Helix Gnome
1.2 installed.
I selected full installations for both Mandrake and Gnome.  The rpms
for
pilot-link, gpilot and kpilot are all installed.

I have done a chmod 666 to /dev/ttyS1 and am able to download
pictures from
my camera from that port without problems using gPhoto.

When I try to use the GPilot Applet, I am walked thru the setup and I
choose
/dev/ttyS1, 9600 baud and indicate that I have synced the Pilot
previously
(I assume this is correct as I have Synced under Windows).  When
prompted, I
hit the HotSync button and... nothing happens, the PIlot times out.
I have
disabled the timeout on the Pilot and let it attempt to Sync for ~10
minutes w/o success.

I have also tried $ pilot-xfer /dev/ttyS1 -i foo.prc, and I get
prompted to hit the
Sync button - again the Pilot times out.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

m-