You'd have to run this by Don Becker and/or Alan Cox (via linux-
[EMAIL PROTECTED] if you are interested), but I *BELIEVE* that 3c90x
module is the 3Com written code. My understanding is that this code was
developed by 3Com specifically for the later chipsets used on the 3C905x-
TX adapters (Volcano and Tornado spring to mind...)

> Just a silly question about this card (i got the same) : why is the
3c59x
> module used, where the kernel has also a 3c90x module, that seems
> to be most adpated ?
>
> Also sprach mer, 21 jun 2000 :
> > Is it normal for the auto-install of 7.1 to skip the installation of
my network
> > adapter and the configuration of TCP/IP? This seems a bit odd. The
nic is a
> > 3c59x compatible 3c905B-TX. A quick reconfig with DrakConf had
everything up and
> > running in no time.
> >
> > John LeMay Jr.
> > Senior Enterprise Consultant
> > NJMC, LLC.
> >
> > Mandrake Linux 7.0 (2.2.14)  /  Polarbar Mailer 1.16c
> > JDK 1.1.8 IBM build l118-20000515
> --
> Guillaume Rousse
> Iremia - Université de la Réunion
>
> Sleep doesn't exists. Just lack of cafeine.

This message was sent using MI-Webmail.
No matter where you are, never lose touch.
Get your Email using MI-Webmail.
http://www.monmouth.com/