John,
   When 3Com added the TX to this card and made the NT net boot option, it
started doing funny things.  So much so that it has trouble under
Windows/Linux/FreeBSD/OpenBSD and probably others that I haven't
tried.  I've loaded and reloaded a variety of distro's on my test box and
I'd say 80% of the time RedHat or Mandrake grab the card ok  The other 20%
it seems to miss the fact that it is there altogether.  From what I've
gathered from people at svlug and the BSD groups it's a problem for
everyone.  In fact when I mentioned the card people all over the room
cringed. :)
James