Use "du" to see who is chewing up the space.

(If you can get xdu on, it's even easier, but probably not after you've
already run out of space.)

Still, putting all those applications when only 1gig was left, and
allowing for space for /var, /tmp, etc, I'm not surprised you'd be
running into space difficulties.

maiplace wrote:

> Oops, sorry about html.
>
> I have lm 6.5. installed to half capacity of 2 gig hda3.
> I usually run korganizer, staroffice5.1  from turbolinux, and recently, cbb
> and then karchive. First problem occurred when working w/staroffice which
> suddenly did not allow me to enter data into spreadsheet cell. Then seemed
> OK when restarted staroffice but reported no room when I tried to save work.
> Then I fiddled w/ karchive which window SOMEtimes only show what I want
> archd. finally, I checked kdisk??? and surprise, hda3 was full to capcity.
>
> I dont know what to check.what could fill it up so fast?
> Now no X (blank srcn & dim flashes), no console on restart. X failed, else
> OK on shutdown (crt-alt-del).
>
> Anyone any idea?
> NOTE: I also installed kudzu early w/dependency properly linked.Runs OK evry
> start.
>
> Thanks in advance.

> NetZero - Defenders of the Free World
> Click here for FREE Internet Access and Email

"Brian, the man from babble-on"              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brian T. Schellenberger                      http://www.babbleon.org
Support http://www.eff.org.                  Support decss defendents.
Support http://www.programming-freedom.org.  Boycott amazon.com.