All,
    I've got a box with Mandrake 7.1 that I'm trying to install Star Office
on.  But I've run into the following problem.  It seems that whenever I
type the ./setup command after going into the directory on the cdrom it
keeps giving me a Permission denied error.  I've checked permissions and
they are read execute.  I'm logged into kde as root.  (I've also done a
ctrl/alt/f3 and tried it from the command line logged in as root) and I get
the same permission denied error.  No other errors are present.  Since I
can navigate to the directory on the cdrom I know it's mounted and I've
checked permissions up the chain and they are all in line. In short I'm
having trouble finding any difference between this box and another one that
I have already installed Star Office on. Any suggestions?  Thanks for your
time.

James

I haven't gotten a copy of this letter in about an hour so I am resending I
apologize if you are receiving this twice.