On Thu, Jun 22, 2000 at 02:55:21PM -0700, James Sparenberg wrote:
> All,
>     I've got a box with Mandrake 7.1 that I'm trying to install Star Office
> on.  But I've run into the following problem.  It seems that whenever I
> type the ./setup command after going into the directory on the cdrom it
> keeps giving me a Permission denied error.  I've checked permissions and
> they are read execute.  I'm logged into kde as root.  (I've also done a
> ctrl/alt/f3 and tried it from the command line logged in as root) and I get
> the same permission denied error.  No other errors are present.  Since I
> can navigate to the directory on the cdrom I know it's mounted and I've
> checked permissions up the chain and they are all in line. In short I'm
> having trouble finding any difference between this box and another one that
> I have already installed Star Office on. Any suggestions?  Thanks for your
> time.

You have 2 possibilities: Mount the Cdrom with exec-rights, or:

cd /mnt/cdrom
/bin/sh ./setup /net

You should use the /net Option, and install in /usr/local or preferably in
/opt, so any user can use Staroffice afterwhile.

Regards

        Smurphy
--
Laugh at your problems; everybody else does.
| Joerg Mertin              :  [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (Home)|