1) Where is it possible to find info on customized keyboard initializing for X ?

I tried to modifie both /etc/X11/xinit/Xmodmap and to create a $HOME/.Xmodmap
but nothing would make any difference...

2) By the way, is there any standard possibility to type the character œ Œ ? I
need it for correct french spelling of some useful words... The 'Compose' key
does not seem to effer any possibility ?

3) And euh... I'm trying to use KLyX for french and swedish texts. I have no pb
with the french (except the above mentionned) but swedish is not a possibility
for the languague (in Document / Layout). Am I using a corrupted version or what
? That seems extremely curious when slovenian is a legal option !!
I always have the ugly solution of declaring my text as English and using the
swedish ispell but I'd like it more straightforward ...

TIA.