Hi,

I'm having a hard time getting my Palm III to HotSync with Mandrake.
I'm running the following:

- Mandrake 7.1 Developer install, security medium
- Helix Gnome 1.2
- Whatever versions of pilot-link, gpilotd and gpilot are installed
  by default (I'm at work)
- Palm OS 3.1.1

I've set the permissions on /dev/ttyS1 to chmod 666 and I am able to
download pictures from my digital camera without problem on that port.

Using the PIlot Applet, I am walked thru a setup where I set the
baud to 9600, select ttyS1 and indicate that I ahve synced the Pilot
before
(which I have done under Windows many times).  Hit the HotSync button
as
directed and eventually the PIlot times out.  I have tried disabling
the timeout on the Pilot and let it go for >10 minutes w/o success.

Thinking the gpilot software might be hosed, I have also tried using
the
pilot-xfer /dev/ttyS1 -i foo.prc and the same things has occured -
namely
nothing.

Any help is appreciated - since I made the commitment to GnuCash a
while ago,
the Pilot is the only thing that keeps my using that othter OS.

Matt