This page just needs a slight correction for mandrake : you also have to remove
(or at least to change suffix) of /etc/profile.d/kde2.sh script, coming with
kdesupport, to prevent it from being automatically launched at begining, even
while choosing kde1.

 Also sprach James Sparenberg :

> You can go here http://www.kde.org/kde1-and-kde2.html for instructions on
> how to run both at the same time on your box.
> James
>

> At 01:31 PM 6/26/00, you wrote:
> >Personally, I moved my ~/.kde folder to ~/.kdeold.  Then I uninstalled
> >KDE1 with rpm -e --nodeps `rpm -q -a | grep kde`.  Then I installed
> >openssl, alsa, and the qt-2.1.1 and kde2 rpms at
> ><http://us.mandrakesoft.com/~molnarc>http://us.mandrakesoft.com/~molnarc.
> >Then I made sure /opt/kde2/bin was permanently in my path by putting on
> >the end in  .bashrc, and created a ~/.Xclients file with startkde in
> >it.  That about does it.  (Some KDE2 rpms may require rpm -ivh --force to
> >force them to install)
> >
> >Now you have KDE2.
> >
> >I don't know how to run them both concurrently.
> >
> >Fox

Guillaume Rousse
Iremia - Université de la Réunion

Sleep doesn't exists. Just lack of cafeine.