I ran into a similar problem once.

The problem you are running into is that the Image classes in the Java package
make use of the java.awt.Toolkit.  For that class to work correctly, it has to
connect to a graphics system (i.e. X ).   Since Windows 'always' has a graphics
engine running, it would work fine under Win/WinNT.

If your server isn't running X, then you may not be able to use the Java
graphics code to generate the dynamic image.  You may want to look at some other
utility that will do the same.

If your server is running X, then you need to check the .Xauthority for the user
the webserver is running under.  It could be a permissions problem.

Jere

David Talbot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
06/28/2000 03:08 PM

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]